- Interactive Quizzes-Guide to Grammar and Writing Capital Community College, Hartford, CT Listed by topic.
- More Interactive Grammar Quizzes Practice on points of English and grammar
- Grammar Capital Community College, Hartford, CT
- Index-Guide to Grammar Definitions Capital Community College, Hartford, CT This index includes 427 references to both the Guide to Grammar and Writing and Principles of Composition. It does not, however, include references to the interactive Quizzes or to the Grammarlogs (posted responses to ASK GRAMMAR queries). The Frequently Asked Questions page and the Guide's will also help you find help on grammatical issues, tips on composition, and advice on English usage.
- Frequently Asked Questions Capital Community College, Hartford, CT Of the thousands of questions submitted to ASK GRAMMAR, these are the issues raised most often.
- Power Point Presentations Capital Community College, Hartford, CT
- Punctuation Marks & Basic Mechanics Capital Community College, Hartford, CT
- Principles of Composition Capital Community College, Hartford, CT
- Grammar Slammer
- Grammar Bytes Comma Splices and Fused Sentences | Verb Tense | etc.
- Big Dog's Grammar Bare Bones Guide to Grammar
Subjects, Verbs, Prepositions, Fragments, Comma-splices, Fused sentences, Joiners, Agreement: subject-verb, Agreement: pronoun-antecedent, Dangling modifiers, Parallel structure, Reference, Pronouns: miscellanious, Consistency, Active/passive constructions.
- Index of Grammar Terms
- Idioms, Phrasal Verbs & Slang Quizzes
- Homonym Quizzes
- Learn about Places While Studying Grammar
- Interactive Quizzes for ESL Students
- Purdue University Online Writing Lab
- Answering Essay Questions in Science Classes Brainstorming | Evaluation | Make A Tentative Selection | Draft A Thesis Statement | Revise Thesis Statement | Outline Argument
- Common Errors in English
Alphabetical list of approx. 475 words.
- Alan Cooper's Homonyms
"When I was in the second grade, my teacher introduced me to "homonyms," those words, like "caret" and "carrot" that are pronounced the same, but are spelled differently, and that have different meanings. The concept intrigued me, and for months, I maintained a dog-eared pad of yellow paper with an ever-growing list of homonyms. I eventually lost that yellow pad, but never my interest in these odd, quirky English words." Bibliography Styles Handbook
- MLA Format
How to Organize a Research Paper and Document It with MLA Citations
- The Semantic Rhyming, Synonyms etc. Dictionary Search engine for rhymes, synonyms, and more:
Ask Doctor Dictionary | Bookstore | Fun & Games |Other Dictionaries-French, German, Latin, Spanish; more... | Roget's Thesaurus | Translator-Translate text and Web pages instantly | Word of the Day | Writing Resources
- Merriam Webster
Collegiate Dictionary & Collegiate Thesaurus.
- yourDictionary.com Dictionary & Thesaurus