Year 1 updates to the Research, Planning, and Accrediation Office as requested by PBSC
Group provides support and ideas as needed for Year 2 implementation.
Group gathering recommendations for Year 2 planning (initiatives and tactics)
Group will review college-wide feedback and resubmit to PBSC.
Please review our 9/15/2010 meeting notes. Please also pay close attention to page 12 where we are going to define several terms that are used in our goals, strategies, initiatives, and tactics. Email me by Monday, September 27 any possible definitions you would like the group to consider at our next meeting. We are hoping to capture the group’s definitions in order to assist those who will be working on the tactics. Again, any ideas you would like to submit before the next meeting would be helpful in guiding our conversations.
(from 9/2/2010 email, also see Group Notes)
Please review our proposed [3-Year Initiatives and Tactics] before the next meeting on Wednesday, September 15th.
(from 8/6/2010 email, also see Group Notes)
Please become familiar with our assigned goals and strategies and begin brainstorming possible Year 1, 2, and 3 initiatives.
Please send your ideas (may come from our Parking Lot) to Chair via email by Wednesday, August 25th.
Once we finalize our initiatives we will begin tactical planning for each of the initiatives where we will discuss Tactics, Responsible Personnel, Timelines or Due Dates, and Deliverables. This process may take place during our 9/1/2010 meeting while we are developing the actual initiatives or via email after the first meeting.
Please review the Draft Strategic Plan and plan on attending the Strategic Plan Forum (College-Wide Discussion of Proposed Strategic Plan) on Thursday, May 6th from 1:00-2:00pm in SSC212 to provide feedback and suggestions.
The group will develop strategies, within our areas of focus, for the approved goals. Strategies will be submitted to the Planning and Budget Steering Committee on or before February 26th.
Details will be sent via email and discussed at our regularly scheduled meetings.
Consultation Council reviews proposed goals submitted by PBSC.
Consultation Council approves goals & releases them to the planning groups.
February 3 - 7
Goals will be emailed to College Advancement soliciting strategy ideas
College Advancement meets to discuss proposed strategies (dialog may continue via email)
College Advancement meets to finalize proposed strategies
Goals are submitted to PBSC
The purpose of our group is to develop one to two SMART goals for each strategic direction (within our areas of focus) and submit these goals to the Budget and Planning Steering Committee on or before December 18th.
Questions to ask with regard to each proposed goal:
1) Is the proposed goal appropriate for the specified Strategic Direction?
2) What improvement are we seeking to make with this goal (over the next three years)?
Group Activity -
None for the remainder of December
Group Activity -
- (see 11/18 email) Members who submitted the proposed (adopted) goal idea are asked to rework the verbiage to reflect both Gretchen and the group's input and resubmit to email@example.com on or before 5pm on Tuesday, November 24th.
- Estella will compile the revised goals and send them out to the group for review.
- At the Tuesday, December 1st meeting the group will discuss the content and any proposed changes or rewording.
Group Activity - Follow these steps to complete the SMART Goal Development Worksheet
- Form a small task force of people from your immediate area (recommended).
- Complete the SMART Goal Development Worksheet with the input from your task force members.
- Submit your SMART Goal Development Worksheet to Estella Garrison at firstname.lastname@example.org by 8 a.m. on November 16th.
- Submitted goals will be presented by the group members for dialog and prioritization on Tuesday, November 17, ABG President's Conference Room