Saddleback College assigns registration appointments based upon certain criteria. Registration appointment priority grouping allows different student populations to receive a registration date and time based upon their academic status, matriculation status, student group status. Please see below for the breakdown of registration appointment assignment priorities.
Important Changes to Registration Priority effective for Fall 2014
California Community Colleges are required to adopt new enrollment priorities. Effective fall 2014, registration times will be assigned to students in the following order:
Level 1: College students (excluding K-12 students) who:
- have not have been on academic or progress probation for their last two consecutive semesters
- completed less than 100 units (basic skills units are not counted in this total)
- complete all matriculation steps in order
- 1. Orientation
- 2. Assessment in both Math and English
- 3. Advisement including a first semester academic plan
- Qualifying Level 1 students will be assigned a registration time in the following order:
- 1. Pre-Assigned Special Priority Groups
- 2. Freshman Advantage (only those who complete matriculation by a set deadline)
- 3. Continuing Students
- 4. New and Returning Students
Level 2: Emeritus Students (Excluding K-12 students)
Level 3: Any students who has (Excluding K-12 students):
- completed 100 or more degree applicable units
- been placed on academic probation
- been placed on progress probation
- declared educational goal of personal development, maintaining license or certificate, completing credits for HS Diploma or GED; 4 year student taking courses to meet 4 year requirements
- not completed all the matriculation steps/requirements
Level 4: Concurrently Enrolled High School Students
Please view the video below for more information:
Prior to fall 2014 Continuing Student Registration Appointments
Continuing Student registration appointments are based on the number of units completed at Saddleback and Irvine Valley College. Students who have completed more units (up to 79.99) receive a better registration appointment. Once students complete 80 units, they are given a later registration than those students who have completed under 80 units.
Prior to fall 2014 New and Returning Student Registration Appointments
New and Returning students receive registration appointments based upon the submission of their online application to Saddleback College in the order they're submitted. This date is typically 2-3 weeks later than the continuing student registration date.
Prior to fall 2014 Emeritus Student Registration Appointments
Emeritus Continuing students receive registration appointments based upon the alphabetization of their last name. Each semester, the alphabetization priority changes.Emeritus New/Returning students receive the next available registration appointment starting from the “new and returning registration start date” on a first come first serve basis when an application is submitted to the college. This date is typically 2-3 weeks later than the continuing student registration date.
Prior to fall 2014 High School / K-8 Student Registration Appointments
High School students are not eligible for Priority Registration appointments and will be assigned a specific High School registration date and time. This is typically 1 week before the start of the semester.
K-8 students are not eligible for Priority Registration appointments and will be assigned a specific K-8 registration date and time. This is typically the start date of the semester.