Learning Resource Center (LRC)
Near Earth Asteroids
- Apophis-Asteroid Could-hit-earth
The fact there is a better chance of being hit by this asteroid than dying in
an airplane accident should be motivation enough to give some thought to planning for such a
disaster as well as allocating resources to it.
- Near-Earth Object Program Welcome | News and Updates | Potentially Hazardous Asteroids | Near Earth Objects |
FAQ's | Orbits | Images | Search Programs | Space Craft Missions | Links
- Asteroids and Comets Missions to Asteroids and Comets | Future Missions |
Comet and Asteroid Data and Images Available from NSSDC | Other Asteroid Resources |
Other Comet Resources | Meteors and Meteorites |
- Asteroids and Comets Impact Hazard The earth orbits in cosmic shooting gallery, subject to occasional random hits by comets
and asteroids. Impact by objects a mile or more across can devastate the planets environmnet.
- Asteroid Radar Research This web site is primarily a data-organization and communications tool that supports ongoing research by JPL
scientists and our colleagues. Material on internal (password-protected) pages is not yet ready for presentation
on the web
Back to Index
Disclaimer: This site may contain links to web sites not administered by Saddleback College or one of its divisions, departments,
units or programs. Saddleback College is not responsible or liable for the accuracy or the content of the linked pages.