Learning Resource Center (LRC)
- Business English Vocabulary Exercises
- 3,000 words you need to know. Browse the 3,000 word list alphabetically; includes pronunciation.
- Word Ahead Watch Vocabulary Videos
Word Ahead is a ground breaking free video vocabulary builder. We have started beta testing with more than 400 Vocabulary Videos. Our goal is to include several thousand Vocab Videos for SAT / ACT level words in the coming months. Join us, its FREE!
- Bilingual Vocabulary Quizzes
- WordSmyth The Educational Dictionary - Thesaurus
- Easily Confused Words A site geared for kids, anyone can appreciate this straightforward information on words that are easily confused, such as beside or besides; amusement park or theme park; a fever or a temperature. Includes dozens of paired words.
- Focusing on Words For the advanced passionate English learning student. If you want to get to the root of the English vocabulary, you can visit this site and subscribe to the free newsletter.
- Heteronym Homepage Lists and defines four dozen common English-language heteronyms (words that are spelled the same as other words, but have different meanings when they are pronounced differently). Defines similar terms (homograph, homophone, homonym). Use the Homonym Form to add your own!
- Homophones This is a text site containing a list of homophones in American-English.
- Self-Study Quizzes for ESL Students This is a text site containing a list of homophones in American-English.
- ESL Links Welcome to the English as a Second Language site, which is a starting point for ESL learners who want to learn English through the Web. Many people have created ESL learning materials for the Web. This site links you to those good and free ESL places. The variety of materials will allow you to choose something appropriate for yourself.
- Internet Anagram Server Enter a word and receive a list of anagrams. Also includes the definition of an anagram, fun facts, and FAQ.
- Ms. Smith's English Page - Palindromes Discover great examples of palindromes. "Too hot to hoot!"
- The Secret of "Onym" How many words can you think of that end in -onym? Take a look at a very good list of the words and their definition at this site.
- The WorldWideWeb Acronym and Abbreviation Server Sign up for email newsletter with free word games or play them online.
Back to Index
Disclaimer: This site may contain links to web sites not administered by Saddleback College or one of its divisions, departments,
units or programs. Saddleback College is not responsible or liable for the accuracy or the content of the linked pages.