Paid Work Experience Opportunties
Child Development Department
"Earn While You Learn"
We have an opportunity this semester to provide paid work experience for students!
- Positions are up to 20 hours per week (Schedule to be determined by the Faculty and Center Director)
- Rate of pay will be $10.00 per hour
- Positions are for one semester each and are renewable
See Descriptions Below
To See If You Qualify!!
Teacher assistants must be Child Development majors at Saddleback College and be enrolled in at least 6 units during the semester in which they are working. Teacher assistants will work at a Child Development Center as assistants to the classroom teachers providing activities and care for children ages 2-6. Students in CD 110 and 121 may use the hours to meet their lab requirement as teacher assistants.
Specialized assistants must major in one of the listed or related departments and be enrolled in at least 6 units during the semester. Specialized assistants are students from other majors such as Horticulture, Art, Nutrition, or Aquaculture, who are interested in applying their talents and skills in early childhood settings, assisting teachers with outdoor environments, developing projects with different art mediums, assisting with snack and meal components, and assisting with science observation areas.
Note: To apply, submit the following to Barbara Tamialis in BGS 115
- a letter of recommendation from an instructor in your major
- a resume with contact information, educational experience and employment history
- a paragraph describing your preparation and experience that would make you a successful candidate for this position
- a copy of your MySite academic record