Distance and Online Education
Faculty Center - CIDDE
Associate & Full-Time Faculty Resources
Student Help Resources
Institute for Teaching & Learning
Associate Faculty Support Committee
Online Educator Program
Phone: (949) 582-4397
Fax: (949) 364-0284
Dean of Online Education
and Learning Resources
Senior Administrative Assistant
BGS 249 (CIDDE)
Administrative Support for BSI
Division ASG Senator
Division Operational Hours:
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
It is the instructor’s responsibility to arrange a time and place for students to take make-up examinations.
Check with your division offices for specific guidelines on how to make-up examinations.
As a general rule, whenever a faculty member offers students the opportunity to make-up examinations, the faculty member should have a way to give/proctor the examination for the students without requiring the support of classified staff.
- You may allow the student to "make-up" the examination in your class during one of the classes.
- You may allow the student to "make-up" the examination by posting it on Blackboard (See our CIDDE staff about how to do this.)
- You may give the student a "take home" examination that requires independent research and thought in lieu of the classroom examination.
- You may ask one of your colleagues to proctor the examination.
- If your division has a conference room, you may request to reserve time in it.
- You may arrange with one of administrative assistants a classroom where you can proctor the examination with your students.