Saddleback College is committed to helping students select appropriate level courses to provide the greatest chance for their academic success. Information relating to prerequisites, co-requisites, and recommended preparations are printed in bold as part of the course descriptions in the catalog and indicated by a "LOCK" symbol below the Units heading in the online schedule of classes.
The Matriculation Office clears courses that have a math or English prerequisite. For all other prerequisite evaluations, contact the division office where the course originates. Students are responsible for meeting and/or clearing all prerequisites for any course in which they plan to enroll in, a minimum of 2 weeks prior to their registration date. Please plan ahead to avoid registration delays. Students are not allowed to register or hold a seat in the target course while their prerequisite is being evaluated.
Click on the following link for a complete list of prerequisites that are cleared in the Matriculation Office. Matriculation Prerequisite List
Note: Students that have submitted official copies of their transcripts to Saddleback College will not automatically have all prerequisites courses evaluated. It is the Students responsibility to submit evaluation requests to Matriculation or the appropriate division office to have any prerequisite cleared.
Guidelines for Clearing Math and English Prerequisites
- A completed Math and English Prerequisite Evaluation Form is required with all submissions.
- The Matriculation Office does not do On-The-Spot transcript evaluations. Transcript evaluation can take up to 5 business days to complete so please submit your request at least 2 weeks prior to your registration period.
- When a student's transcript evaluation is completed the results are posted on your My Site account. The Matriculation office cannot call or e-mail students with evaluation results.
- Unofficial transcripts must include the student's name, the college name, and a completed course with a letter grade or a (CR) credit.
- Courses submitted for evaluation must have a passing grade of C or better. C- grades are NOT accepted as a passing grade at Saddleback college.