Saddleback College Student Advisement
Counseling/Advisement sessions help students to determine their educational goal, plan a first semester schedule, and prepare a "Student Educational Plan". The Advisement session occurs after the student completes the assessment testing session or requests evaluation of Alternative Evidence.
Now you can select one of the following three methods to complete the Student Advisement:
It is important that you have your Matriculation placement results before you do the Online or Group advisement session. [How do I get My results?] If you do not have test scores please fill out the online re-score request form.
1. Do the Online Advisement. The Online Advisement will take approximately 45 minutes to complete and must be completed in one sitting in order to get credit. When the counselor (Sara) quits talking you should click on the NEXT button to continue with the Advisement.
- Click here to be directed to your MySite
- Log-in with your Saddleback student ID number and pin code.
- Click on the link that reads: My Information
- Click on the link that reads: Matriculation
- Click on the link that reads: Online Advisement
2. Attend an in person Group Advisement session. Appointments for group advisements are made at the Matriculation Office in Village 8. You can also call the Matriculation Office (949.582.4970) to obtain an appointment. A student can only make a group advisement appointment after completing their assessment in math, English, and reading or requests evaluation of Alternative Evidence. Group Advisement sessions are usually located in Village 8 in the Matriculation Office.
3. Take one of the Applied Psychology courses: APSY 1, APSY 140, or APSY 160.
Applied Psychology courses are highly recommended and have proven to increase student transfer and graduation rates for new students. It is highly recommended that students begin their college education with one of the Applied Psychology courses lised above.