Studies Abroad Homepage
England - Oxford
Spain - Salamanca
Spain - Santander
Study Abroad Pictures
Location: Building [map]
Phone: (949) 582-4788
Fax: (949) 364-8812
Senior Adminstrative Assistant
Senior Administrative Assistant
Monday - Friday
8am to 5:00pm
Study Abroad Program
March 14 -24, 2013
Professor Carmenmara Hernandez-Bravo
Director of Study Abroad Program for over 29 years
Check out student's photos of the trip to Peru in 2008 at our Study Abroad Pictures link.
PROGRAM COMPONENTS INCLUDED IN THE STUDENT FEE
- A transportation package consisting of international airfare (LAX – LIMA –LAX) and round-trip transfers overseas between the airport and hotels for various destinations mentioned in the itinerary.
- Accommodations in tourist class hotels (double or triple occupancy) with breakfast.
- Lunches and dinners included everyday as travel schedule permits.
- Assistance, transfers and visits as indicated in attached itinerary schedule and description.
- Internal flights in tourist class.
- Excursions to following locations with the services of a local English speaking tour guide:
- LIMA – Tour of the city
- CUZCO – Tour of the city including visits to the ruins of Sacsayhuaman, Moray, Maras and Misminay
- SACRED VALLEY – Tour of Pisac and transfer to Ollantaytambo.
- MACHU PICCHU – Via Aguas Calientes
- $50 non-refundable application fee.
- Medical insurance for up to $1,000,000 Health Insurance Benefit per student.
- Accident and Sickness Insurance Benefits
- Emergency Medical Evacuation Benefit
- Repatriation of Remains Benefit
- Emergency Reunion Benefit
- 24 hour International Emergency Assistance
- Travel insurance for each student includes trip cancellation and trip interruption.
- $5,000,000 liability coverage with SOCCCD named as co-insured for the duration of the program.
- Accounting / billing services in the U.S.
- Pre-departure information services and a toll-free contact number in the U.S.
- Advance planning services offered by our T&E office in Philadelphia.
- $200 – local tax fees due on site to be paid by T&E coordinator.
- $3950 US Dollars per participant for an enrollment of 15 paying student participants with 1 faculty administrative visit.
Should SOCCCD wish to run this program with an enrollment below 15 paying student participants it would be necessary either to add a supplement to the fee above or to remove some components from the program. T&E would discuss these options with SOCCCD.
This fee includes airfare, but excludes fees and fuel surcharges in the amount of $120, a $125 refundable damage deposit, transport by train, local taxes in Peru, optional excursions, meals and extra services not mentioned in student benefits above, passport or visa fees if applicable, personal expenses, any SOCCCD tuition or administrative fees, additional fieldtrips or excursions required by the SOCCCD faculty and anything not specified. These fees are guaranteed not to change as a result of fluctuations in the exchange rate. T&E will charge a $35 returned check fee on each check returned by the bank for insufficient funds. T&E charges a 3% handling fee for all payments made via credit card.
The group airfare rate can only be guaranteed for a minimum enrollment of 10 or more students taking this option.
- Single Supplement for hotel rooms in Cusco, Aguas Calientes/Machu Picchu and Puno is $375
- Optional Extra Protection Insurance Coverage, including increased medical insurance ($65) and/or personal effects insurance ($90) as outlined in the AIFS program brochure.
PROGRAM APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND BILLING
- Program deposit in the amount of $450 and airfare deposit of $250 (total $700) must be received along with application by December 10th, 2012. Preliminary numbers to be provided by the program leader are due upon receipt of this proposal. Please note that these are not postmark dates, but the dates by which applications must arrive in the T&E Philadelphia office: 111 S. Independence Mall E, Suite 970, Philadelphia PA 19106.
- Saddleback is required to provide a complete roster of participant names and passport numbers by December 17th, 2012.
Final payment is due January 14th, 2013. T&E reserves the right to withdraw students who are not paid in full by the final payment deadline.
- Students will then need to follow up with a payment of $1000 towards their airfare by December 17th, 2012.
- T&E can accept applications after December 10th, 2012, but cannot guarantee program costs after this date. Students applying after this date can only be accepted on a space-available basis and may be subject to a supplemental charge.
- T&E accepts payment in the form of personal check or money order and VISA, Mastercard or Discover.
- T&E cannot arrange airline tickets for students applying after December 10th, 2012. T&E is financially committed at this time to any confirmed airline seats therefore it is imperative that SOCCCD provide a preliminary list of student participants in order to confirm and/or release air reservations.
- T&E will reserve spaces according to information on the student application form. Once airline tickets have been issued to students they cannot be changed or refunded.
|If participant withdrawals in writing...
|On or before December 10th, 2012
a refund of all fees paid less $450 non-refundable application fee plus airfare deposit of $250 any additional non-refundable deposits paid by the student or by T&E on behalf of the student
|After December 10th and before December 17th, 2012
a refund of all fees paid less $450 non-refundable application fee, $250 airfare deposit, $1000 balance of airfare and any additional non-refundable deposits paid by the student or by T&E on behalf of the student
|After December 17th and before January 14th, 2012
|| a refund of all fees paid less $450 non-refundable application fee, $250 airfare deposit, $1000 balance of airfare, $310 insurance and any additional non-refundable deposits paid by the student or by T&E on behalf of the student
|After January 14th, 2012
- Once the program has begun students withdrawing receive no refund unless T&E suspends the program.
- It is understood that SOCCCD will not cancel the program if the necessary minimum number of participants have not been enrolled by December 10th, 2012.
- In the of the U.S. State Department issuing a travel warning which advises U.S. citizens not to travel to Peru, or if they are already in Peru, to leave it, T&E will:
- If the If the program has not started, either makes suitable alternative arrangements or cancel the program and refund all fees paid.
- If the program has started, suspend the program and fly the student’s home. If students are returned home they will receive a prorate rebate of fees paid to T&E for the proportion of the program not completed, less the $100 processing fee, the $210 insurance premium, the $50 non-refundable application fee and any costs incurred flying the student home.
||No of Units
||Civilization of Latin America Through 1900
|September 13, 2012
|October 11, 2012
|November 8, 2012
|December 13, 2012
|January 24, 2013
|February 28, 2013