John WestcottTitle: Associate Faculty
Division: Division of Liberal Arts
Learn the right way to write: simple, clear, direct. Discuss the major issues facing the profession of journalism, and why it is so vital to democracy. Learn about mass media and how the Internet is changing everything.
"Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter."
- Teaching journalism since 2002.
- Master's Degree in Journalism from UC Berkeley.
- Twenty years experience reporting for the Orange County Register.
- Author of textbook on newswriting, and two books on Orange County history.
- Finalist, Teacher of the Year, Fullerton College (2007 and 2010).