OFFICE HOURS :
The Student Financial Assistance
Office Will Be Closed Friday
May 17th for the Saddleback
College Scholarship Ceremony
Monday - Thursday
8am to 4:30pm
Tuesday - Wednesday
8am to 6:00pm
8 am - noon
Location: SSC-106 [map]
Phone: (949) 582-4860
HIGHER ONE ATM
Student Services Building
Building (MSE) -
(PE 200) - Foyer
For your convenience a
Document Drop Box
outside our office.
Student Financial Assistance & Scholarship Office
Who is Eligible to Receive Financial Aid?
In order to receive financial aid, you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States, or be in the United States for other than a temporary purpose and intend to become a permanent resident thereof, or be a permanent resident of the Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands. Holders of student visas are not eligible for aid.
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment in an eligible program as a regular student at least half-time or, in the case of a student already attending the institution, be enrolled and in good standing as at least a half-time student. Students attending less than half-time may be eligible for a Federal Pell Grant and State Board of Governors Fee Waiver Program.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress in the course of study according to the standards and practices of the institution.
- Not be in default on any loan made from a student loan fund and not owe a refund on grants previously received.
- Be in need of financial assistance in order to pursue a course of study at Saddleback College.
- Submit all documents requested to complete your file.
- Ability to Benefit: Federal law requires a financial aid applicant, who does not have a high school diploma or possess a GED or its equivalent, to pass an ability-to-benefit test approved by the Department before any financial aid funds
The testing is done by the Counseling department at Saddleback College. More information is available in the Student Financial Assistance & Scholarship Office.
GED testing information is also available in the Counseling department at Saddleback College in the Student Services Center, Room 166.