- Fall Semester: Starts on August 18th
- Prepare for Fall 2014: As a new or returning faculty, explore this site for the latest tips for both you and your students to support your success at Saddleback College: Semester Procedures.
Very Important Announcement
C2/C3 Distance Education Faculty Approval – Process Change
- As the result of a vote by the Curriculum Committee in a special meeting today, the current C2/C3 DE Faculty approval process will be suspended effective immediately.
- Tomorrow’s (August 22nd) deadline for submission has been cancelled. No forms are due for DE faculty approval.
- No currently scheduled classes will be cancelled as a result of DE approval status of the instructor for the Fall 14 and Spring 15 semesters.
- A work group will be convened to research and develop a process that both meets regulations and works with the dynamic scheduling deadlines of the college.
June Millovich, Curriculum Chair
Dan Walsh, Academic Senate President
Teaching and Learning
Fall 2014 Faculty Coordinators - Faculty Center for Student Success (BGS 249)
To serve all faculty members with their instructional needs in both online and on campus classes, the Center has three faculty coordinators for Fall 2014. The names and contact information for these coordinators are:
- Kathy Damm: email@example.com or (949) 582-4816 or
Center Hours: Tuesday/Thursday from 8:30 am to 11:30 am or by appointment
- Brett Myhren: firstname.lastname@example.org or (949) 582-4600 or
Center Hours: Wednesday from 2 pm to 5 pm or by appointment
- Jenny Langrell: email@example.com or (949) 582-4453 or
Center Hours: Tuesday from 2 pm to 5 pm or by appointment
Key support for faculty include:
- conducting one-on-one new faculty orientations on college services and resources.
- providing individual sessions and workshops on best practices in teaching and learning in both online and on campus classes.
- advising faculty on college resources and services.
- maintaining and updating our Faculty Guide to Online Education.
- supporting faculty with the development and implementation of online courses.
- assisting faculty to create and/or effectively update the C2 forms and official course syllabus for Curriculum approval.
|Faculty Forms and Documents||
|Student Learning and Technical Support (Referral for Students)||
Important College/Division Dates:
|College/Division Dates||Academic Calendar|
Faculty Center for Student Success (BGS 249)
|Faculty Center for Student Success||
Free Tutoring and Workshops for Students
|Tutoring at Saddleback College||
|Student Success Workshops||
Please refer your students in need of support with their college email, MySite, and Blackboard to these sites:
|Student Resources||Computer Labs on Campus|
|Student Technical Support||Student Help Directory for Technical Support|