Programs Faculty & Staff
Office of Student Services
EOPS/ CARE Forms
Videos and Subscriptions
Follow the EOPS/CARE program
Location: SSC, Room 126 map
Phone: (949) 582-4620
Fax: (949) 364-6949
Mon, Tues, Thurs 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Wednesdays 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
Fridays 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Program & Services
Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (CARE) is an extension of the EOPS program. CARE serves as an educational support/assistance program for single head-of-household parents who are participants of the California Work Opportunities and Responsibility to Kids Program (CalWORKs)/ Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF).
CARE services provide additional assistance to meet the unique needs of a single parent. CARE students may receive the following. ..
1. Academic/Personal Counseling
2. Educational Planning
3. Vocational Assessment
4. CARE Workshops
5. Books and Supplies
6. Educational Grants
A student is eligible if he/she meets the following criteria. ..
1. Is an EOPS student.
2. Is enrolled in at least 12 units upon acceptance into the program.
3. Is currently receiving TANF/CalWORKs assistance for themselves and/or child(ren).
4. Has a child under 14 years of age.
5. Is at least 18 years of age.
6. Is a single head-of-the household and has been determined to lack marketable job skills.
7. Has applied for financial aid and the Board of Governors Fee Waiver (BOGW).
Is pursuing an educational, vocational or job training program at Saddleback College which will lead to a certificate, degree or transfer objective.
9. Has attended a CARE Orientation.
Please submit the following forms to the EOPS office (SCC 126) and schedule an appointment with an EOP&S/CARE Counselor.
If you have any questions or want more information about the CARE program please contact the EOP&S/CARE office (949) 582-4620.
Extended Opportunity Program & Services
28000 Marguerite Parkway
Mission Viejo CA, 92692