Programs Faculty & Staff
EOPS/ CARE Forms
Videos and Subscriptions
Follow the EOPS/CARE program
Location: SSC, Room 126 [map]
Phone: (949) 582-4620
Fax: (949) 364-6949
Mon, Tues, Thurs 8:00am - 4:30pm
Wed 8:00am - 7:00pm
Fridays 8:00am - 12:00pm
Program & Services
Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (CARE) is an extension of the EOPS program. CARE serves as an educational support/assistance program for single head-of-household parents who are participants of the California Work Opportunities and Responsibility to Kids Program (Cal WORKs)/Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF).
CARE services provide additional assistance to meet the unique needs of a single parent. CARE students may receive the following. ..
1. Academic/Personal Counseling
2. Educational Planning
3. Vocational Assessment
4. CARE Workshops
5. Books and Supplies
6. Parking permits/ Bus passes
7. Meal tickets
8. Additional Grants
A student is eligible if he/she meets the following criteria. ..
1. Is an EOPS student.
2. Is enrolled in at least 12 units upon acceptance into the program.
3. Is currently receiving AFDC/TANF assistance.
4. Has a child under 14 years of age.
5. Is at least 18 years of age.
6. Is a single head of the household and has been determined to lack marketable job skills.
7. Has applied for financial aid and the Board of Governors (BOG)fee waiver.
Is pursuing an educational, vocational or job training program at Saddleback College which will lead to a certificate, degree or transfer objective.
9. Has attended a CARE Orientation
Please submit the following forms to the EOPS office (SCC 126) and schedule an appointment with an EOP&S/CARE Counselor.
If you have any questions or want more information about the CARE program please contact the EOP&S/CARE office (949) 582-4620.
Extended Opportunity Program & Services
28000 Marguerite Parkway
Mission Viejo CA, 92692